7.09.2006

Saturday Stuff

2 Peas Blogger Challenge: what scrapbooking supply do you find yourself using on almost every LO? (mine is ribbon!) :

I find that I can not create an LO without ink. Weither I am inking the edges of something or actually using a stamp. I LOVE ME Some Ink!!!!! OF course there are countless other products that I adore, even drool over but, If we are talking consistency then it's gotta be ink.

Yesterday was a good day! Love when I can say that. Went to the Stampin' Up open house and I was by myself (my Mom got really sick and couldn't go). This is huge for me. Usually I get all weird having to go somewhere by myself. I only knew my demo and she was super busy but, I enjoyed seeing all of the displays and playing games. I tried a couple of times to start conversations with people but, they just looked at me like I had two heads or didn't even look at me at all. Oh well. I did win a prize in the "cake walk". So it was all good. Although I must admit that when my number was called for the cake walk I almost didn't want to claim my prize. I had a return of the shy, wallflower me. I quickly pushed her away and claimed my pack of beautifully embellished cards! I was naughty and ordered a few things out of the new catalog. a pack of gorgeous paper and some background stamps (I'll share them with you when they get to me). I felt like I owed it to my Demo (the sweetest woman even) to purchase something. She is new and didn't have any of her other customers attend.


I also went to Michael's and scored some loveliness at their $1 spot. If you haven't been lately you should check it out. I was amazed at what they had! I'll edit with pics later.

We got home and I had MAIL! Love when a package comes in the mail!. It was my first Memory Works order! It came really quickly. I ordered it after hours on Monday, Tuesday was a holiday, my order was processes Wednesday and at my door on Saturday. Too Cool! I ordered some business supplies (catalogs, order forms) and some We R Memory Keepers paper packs (hostess gifts) some Heidi Swapp distressers (goodie bags) and some some HS stamps (too cute). I feel very spoiled as I recount my loot. Although the MW stuff is business and the SU stuff I was doing a good thing(wink,wink). The M's stuff was just too lovely too pass up plus I will use them in my RAK's! Oh, and I got my August issue of CK! This is a good issue folks. If you haven't gotten yours yet I think you will love it. AE has a cool article (yes, I do think all of her work is fab) but this one is really interesting, trust me!
Ok, I am Out. I have a million and 1 things to do today. Oh, I almost forgot. I made this LO last night for a CJ. Have a fab day people!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It has been so long since I looked at a SU catalog. I guess I should contact a local demo. Your experience sounds like things I have gone to. Great LO!

Melissa said...

i have to go to Micheals $1 spot..have been hearing about some yummy things there ;)

yay for mail! I love good mail days :)

great LO!-really like the use of your own handwritting

Sofia said...

Good for you for going by yourself. I'm really shy too so I know it isn't easy.

I'm still waiting for my August CK. Hope it comes soon.

Tracy said...

Another day of waiting for CK. At east now I know it's an issue worth waiting for :)