9.26.2006

Support~

I have something very important to share with you today. Yesterday I was surfing the net when I should have been cleaning. I stumbled upon this website . Basically it a place where you can read the profile of a soldier who is representing his or her men who recieve very little or no mail. Imagine being so far away, in a war zone and never hearing from home. Some of the profiles ask for stuff (food, hygene items etc.), the main thing to me is just sending a letter or a card. Something that lets them know that they have not been forgotten. It takes literally minutes to sit down and write a letter that could brighten someone's day. This isn't about politics, this is about people. People who are doing their job and deserve to know that people care about them. Don't be surprised if you get addicted. I can't tell you how many profiles I read. I cried my eyes out. I know that the way that I can help is to send a letter. Well it's most likely going to be a lot of letters. Please consider doing this. Thank you.

*Edited*
I am going to be hosting a greeting cards for soldiers workshop. I know all of you are far away from me but, I was wondering if any of you would like to participate. These would be going to soldiers who receive little or no mail. I could give you the information and you could send them yourself or you can send them to me and I would send them out with all of the others. I am hoping to get a big response from this. After all they deserve to know that they are not forgotten. Please let me know if you would like to participate. No pressure. Just our way to send some love to those who need it! Thanks!

smk1117@hotmail.com

3 comments:

Lynn said...

I agree with you. It is pretty sad reading some of the profiles. I would be happy to help you. Just let me know.

Anonymous said...

so powerful. I am participating in a card for soldiers locally, i think is is wonderful that you are organizing one as well.

Heather said...

Thanks for posting this. I'm linking it to my blog and going to try and get a package together to send.