8.03.2006

Beating the BLAH's~

A big thanks to Sofia and Melissa! Your encouraging words meant a lot to me!

I feel better today! I pushed through my BLAH's and completed two pages yesterday. I am not crazy about the first one (the source of my scrappers block) but it was amazing and freeing how just the process inspired me. It's such a catch 22, you know? I need to create to be inspired and sometimes I can't find the inspiration to create. LOL. I love irony!



The blogger challenge is all about self portraits. This is a hard one for me. I am getting so much better at including myself in my pages. It is kinda like therapy. I just want to leave my kids with a well rounded idea of who their mom is/was. I came to realize that there are years of my life where there are very few pictures of me and they are horrible because I wasn't smiling or I was trying to get away from the camera. Now I tell people when I take their pic and they won't smile " Trust me you are gonna wish that you had smiled!" It's important for everyone to be in their pictures. No matter how much you just don't like your image. You are beautiful and wonderful and fabulous just being you. I know this might sound like a bunch of BS but, I think it's true and I think that we need to remind ourselves constantly.

So, as Melissa on 2peas wonderfully suggested, GO TAKE A PICTURE OF YOURSELF TODAY!

6 comments:

Sofia said...

Glad to hear you got some scrapping done. :-)

I'm the same way about pics of me. I don't bave a lot of pictures of me from age 20-25 and now I wish I did. I'm getting better about it though. Taking self portraits can be a lot of fun. You can experiment with poses and play around without the pressure of another person looking at you from behind the camera. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Anonymous said...

So glad that you got some pages done... it always makes me feel so much better!

Jana said...

I don't take many pictures of myself but been trying to more this year. I did take another today and that makes 2 for this year that I remember!

Melissa said...

glad to hear the 'blahs' are passing ;)

cant see your photo yet but I am sure its great! :) thanks for taking the challenge

Maureen said...

Great photo and layouts! I too, tend to shy away from the camera...I realized the other day that 99% of my layouts are of my daughter and our pets!

Sofia said...

Very cute photo and layouts! :-) TFS