11.20.2006

Sleep, It does exist~

So I guess this would be part two of my last post. How am I applying my leaf turning you ask? Well let me start by telling you about my AWESOME birthday surprises. For me birthdays are all about who remembers, not what I get. Well the day was decending and I was getting kind of bummed because, I hadn't heard from my sister. DH was late getting home from work and we were suppose to go to dinner after we took the boys to his mom's. We get there and there is a huge surprise party for my. My family and friends. It was amazing. And the best party was that my sweet, darling DH pulled it off all by himself and in only 24hours. These people came to my party with only such little notice! And there was food and laughter. A good time was had by well at least me!!!! My sister and I took some insanly silly pictures with the digi and laughed until we almost peed. That is what a new leaf is all about. Having a good time, enjoying life in the moment. You wanna know what else. In the spirit of living, I let me brother take pictures of my doing the traditional birthday things (cake, presents etc...) this is big for me. Usually I grimace and try to dodge the camera. No more, I am gonna be present in my life and have the pictures to prove it.

Speaking of presents I got some major love from my party guests. I am not gloating I swear. I am so thankful that they came. My DH had a another birthday surprise up his sleeve. A Cricut all for me. I was so surprised! I would never have asked for one because they are so expensive. My in laws bought me two cartridges to go with it. I was like a kid in a candy store. Actually I felt a little embarrassed. Expensive things always make me feel that way. So, DH's Mom took the boys overnight. That was huge for me as Taylor has never slept overnight anywhere yet. We get home and take the Cricut out and I make the first cut and then DH (who was more excited then I was) spends the next two hours playing with it. It was soooo funny. I haven't seen him that excited about anything in a long time. He just wanted to keep cutting stuff out.

The good times continued throughout the weekend. We realized that this would be the last weekend until the first of the year to relax and we did. Now I can get down to business in a major way! I have started making my Christmas ornaments. Preparing the last of the greeting cards for the soldiers. So much to be done but, it'll be fun.

I am still composing my 30 before I am 30 list. Updates to follow.....

6 comments:

Sofia said...

Wow! That's awesome! I'm so happy for you! That is so sweet of your hubby to arrange all that. :-) Oh and I'm green with envy for the Cricut. You lucky girl!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Yes, that was just an awesome birthday, Happy Birthday! That was some good journaling for a layout, too!

Melissa said...

wow it sounds like you had an amazing birthday-and what an incredible present from your hubby!! :)

gloria said...

how fun! i think everyone should experience at least ONE surprise party in their lives...
i think i was 27 when i had mine...it was GREAT!!

Maureen said...

Happy belated Birthday! Sounds like you have been incredibly busy, and had a great time!

Kimberly said...

Well happy birthday girlfriend! Sounds like you had an awesome time!! What a great surprise. You deserve some fun times. You work hard and do a lot for many other people!!