11.30.2006

Signs of the season~

Overslept this morning and don't even feel guilty about it. I do have a lot to do today so I better get crackin'. Got a steaming cup of hot goodness (coffee). I am set!

The dinner party was a little awkward but, nice. It's a very small company but, they have doubled their employees in the last year. It was nice not to be the new people like last year. It was also nice having a meal with adults. Plus, it's one more thing I can cross off of my to do list.

Finished my first slit scarf. One down, two to go! I gotta tell you I was pretty proud of myself for teaching myself how to bind off!

I am also working on my homemade ornaments. ATC Christmas Ornaments. I hope my family likes them, gets them, and doesn't think that I am cheap. Each on is an original piece of my art work. These are the front and back view(s). I think they are super cute but, I made them.









Riley and I made a small attempt at decorating the apartment. When I say small, I mean small. I am not even sure how we are going to have a Christmas tree this year. Partially because of space and because I know that Ry & Tay will attack it!






Oh, well at least we have stockings!

I signed up for Shimelle's Christmas Art Journal class. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I almost passed on this one but, when I started looking at other people's work from last year I felt so inspired. After the dinner party Andy and I made a mad dash for the Craft Warehouse down the street from the restaurant. They were 10 minutes from closing when we got there. We raised around the store trying to find a book that would work for what I have in my mind. No small feat if you know my brain. I settled on a spiral bound 6x9 sketch book. The only drawback is that the cover is this horrible brown color and will need to be covered. Oh, well I was probably going to alter it anyway. LOL! I am just happy to be taking this class and hope that I make time to enjoy it and actually finish. I am planning on decorating the cover today!

Peace, Love, & knitting needles*

4 comments:

Sofia said...

Your ornament cards are very cute. Love the Christmas tree one.

I've been thinking about starting an art journal for awhile now. I hope you share at least some of your pages.

Melissa said...

looks like you are definitely on your way with all your Christmas crafts. love the scarf and good luck with the Christmas journal-sounds like fun :)

Unknown said...

Way to spread the Christmas spirit!
Great scrappage!

Kimberly said...

Dude...your home-made Christmas ornaments aboslutely rock.

And don't worry. You don't need a huge tree and tons and tons of decos to have Christmas spirit!!! The decorating you and Riley did is just perfect.