11.24.2006

Late night!

It's been a long time since I have had a late night post. I should be sleeping. My eyes are all blurry, a sure sign that I need sleep. I am waiting for Andy to get home. He's on call this weekend. The busiest weekend of the year for drain cleaners I hear. I guess it's all of that starchy Thanksgiving foods going down the sinks.

We found out tonight that my brother is going to Albuquerque, New Mexico for his mission. I am thankful that he is staying in the states. If nothing else at least I won't have to fill out customs forms to send him care packages. LOL!

2Peas Blogger Challenge:
Blog about how you keep in touch with family/friends over the holidays... via the written word. Do you send cards... store bought or handmade? Do you send a Christmas letter???

I love Christmas... Love Christmas cards. I love sending them out. I have been doing it for years. This is the first year that I have made cards. I don't have any scanned to show you. So far I have made 40 cards for the card drive. Friends and family will get a mix of store bought (last years sales) and home made. Good times. I especially love getting cards! Such a great time of year!

4 comments:

Aimeslee Winans said...

Happy for your family that your brother will be here in America.

xoxo

Colleen said...

Great that your brother isn't going too far! Wonderful idea with the cards too...

gloria said...

i tend to make my cards early, then forget that i have them, or wait too long to mail them out.

i am thinking shutterfly might have to pick up my slack this year.

Kimberly said...

You are too good. Making your own Christmas cards. Sheesh. I am not even sending ANY much less making them.

Hope you got some sleep.

Hope Andy's weekend (and therefore yours because he wasn't home) wasn't too crazy.

Happy Thanksgiving weekend..enjoy what's left of it!