8.15.2007

Distracted~

I burnt my bagel this morning.
This is just typical to how things have been for me lately.
I am so distracted.
It probably doesn't help that my ulcer is acting up,
that I am tired, that the boys have been giving the cat & dog routine a workout,
or that my 32 week pregnant body is starting to feel seriously uncomfortable.

One would think with the third child that everything would already be stretch out and comfortable. Like your favorite pair of jeans. Unfortunately, it's more like an over stretched rubber band. Add in that this little lady is a serious kicker and well you get the picture. Not so comfortable.

So, yesterday I decided that we needed to go get a coming home outfit for the baby. Each of the kids has always had their own special outfit for the occasion. I am trying to get my hospital bag packed. Trying to be better about being proactive.

This called for a little family field trip, as Andy wanted to help pick out the outfit.
So what do you get when you take
A: Two toddlers
B: at 5pm
C: who have had a twenty minute nap (enough to make them cranky)
D: and want snacks that some how got left at home
E: into a clothing store?

Well, I will tell you. You get public tantrums, stacks of clothes knocked over, a frustrated Dad, and an apologetic Mom. After about 12 minutes of dealing with all of this Andy had to take Riley to the car. This left me with Taylor (who wanted Daddy, of course). So there I was at the register, holding a squirmy toddler, preggo stomach getting in my way, holding the outfit that I chose in the 12 minutes that I had to shop (to which Andy said "It's pink!" I said "Yeah, our baby is a girl!" Like it had never occurred to him).
I was distracted!
Until the sales lady gave me my total.
$49.95.
What! For 4 little pieces that our baby will wear for like 12 minutes. Now that may not seem like much money to some people but, to me that is a lot for one outfit. Even if the outfit is adorable. I shudder to think of what the outfit would have cost if I hadn't gone to the outlet store and got 25% off.


Can't make this go the right way!



I still need to find a pair of socks to match.


Oh well! I finished all of the squares for the blanket. Just need to whip stitch them together.

I had to take a break and make a birthday present for my niece.

This scarf is super soft and floaty. Knit in seed stitch, my own pattern. Definitely very girly. Nice and light for the fall. You can't see them but, there are iridescent beads throughout. I hope she loves it!

My next adventure is knitting a few hats for Afghans for Afghans (see banner in sidebar). I just learned how to knit in the round. Should be interesting.

Well, that's about all for today. I am trying to keep myself away from QVC and buying the 8,000 piece scrapbook kit. I just love when everything matches. Will take some willpower!

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Maureen said...

Love the scarf... you are so talented! The outfit is cute too, but $ 50 ??? Wow... but it IS adorable...