10.26.2007

Bad Blogger~

Life has just sort of been happening & I haven't been blogging.
I have been scrapping though! So, it's all good. Right?








I forgot to tell you about the "adventure" that we had last Sunday.
To properly tell this little tale I need to give you a little background info.



My husband being the boy that he is LOVES mud.



Particularly mud puddles. Mostly just driving through them. In fact I'm not sure which he loves more, mud puddles or his car. The combination is like manna to him!



He has had quite a few cars/trucks over the years. Nothing fancy and certainly not a one that should have been able to go down the muddy roads that he adventured to. So fast forward to this last Spring and my darling husband finally buys a CRV with 4 wheel drive. He is like a kid in a candy store! Now I have to tell you that in all of his years of adventures he has NEVER once gotten his vehicle stuck. Well until last Sunday that is. So, we went for our usual Sunday drive. Packed up the kids and got donuts. We like to go for little drives. See where we end up. Hubby says to me that he wants to drive out to the pumpkin patch because he knows there will be mud. Now if you remember we did the P-patch last weekend. I was trying to avoid the rain and muck. He only wants to drive in it so I think I will be nice and say "Sure". It's been raining all day Friday and all day Saturday. He says no I found a muddy road not to far from here (the donut shop) last week. I don't say anything (after 9 years together I am use to muddy roads). So we drive over to this road (if you could call it that). The puddles are HUGE!!!! He doesn't hesitate, why would he? I mean he finally has 4 wheel drive, right? WRONG! The first, yes very first puddle that he forges we get stuck. Not just stuck but, stuck for 2 hours need a tow truck to get us out stuck!! Or as my two year old said "Stuck in the muck"! Yeah, that's right we were not moving. We called my sister to see if she could pull us out with her CRV. Well that only made us sink deeper and at this point I look down and realize that water is starting to come in on my side. Lucky for me that I wore my boots that day. My purse got ruined, and he ended up taking out all of the carpet and cleaning it. The babies were so good the whole time. I think they liked the adventure. I was OK with it (for the most part) until my purse got ruined. So, much for Hubby having 4-wheel drive! I would like to think that there will be no more muddy roads but, I know him better then that. So, that was our little Sunday drive err, sit!



4 comments:

Kimberly said...

lol.....holy sheesh girlfriend! what an adventure!! glad you're now home safe.

now...on to why i came here. to tell you that you are absolutely one of the nicest people on the planet. yes. my package arrived. and i was stunned. what an unbelievably wonderful thing to do.

with everything you have going on...a new baby....two other bhildren to care for....you found time to do something nice for me??!!! i am blown away. i thank you for that.

Pam said...

OMG, that is sooooooo funny, but I am sorry about your purse!! He sounds just like my dh though, he loves mud and trucks too! :)

Linda said...

How funny! Men really are big boys with big toys. Sorry about your purse.

Your layouts are really cute!

Teresa Loop said...

Holy stuck in the water!!! That stinks. I'd be bummed about the purse too.......

Love your layouts - awesome that you are scrappin!

Blogger hasn't let me upload any photos either....