10.02.2007

Something Witty...

As the coffee was brewing this morning I was composing a witty blog post in my mind.
Do you ever do this?
Of course by the time I had sat down with my coffee, got the baby somewhat content, fixed breakfast for the boys and checked my email my fabulous post had disappeared into the vast cavern that is my mind. C'est La Vie!

Today is day 13 with the new baby. My DH has started referring to her as the girl.
It bugs me a lot! I know he doesn't mean anything by it but, still it bugs me!

I have noticed how I seem to accomplish less and less in a day. Last night I managed to make dinner. Well it was frozen Chicken nuggets and tater tots. I consider this meal to be only a tiny step up from fast food. The boys enjoyed it even though it didn't come with a toy surprise. Oh, I did make them eat green beans. So, that is something at least. Right?

I think I need to seriously re-evaluate my sense of what accomplishing something in a day now means. I mean everyone got fed, diapers got changed, and the boys had baths (courtesy of DH). That is something right? Now the dishes didn't get done and the laundry is threatening to take over the hallway. One day at a time right? Today the baby has a DR. appointment so that means leaving the house. Lucky for me my brother is going to come over and watch the boys.
I am thankful for that!

On the creative front I did manage to make a mock-up of Hailey's birth announcement. I am using the Stampin Up Bundle of Joy set. I think I may have gone a little overboard but, they will be cute it'll be worth it. The design is simple but, has a lot of pieces that need to be cut out. Times that by 40 and I have my work cut out for me (no pun intended).

Ok, enough rambling. Have a great day all!

I am leaving you with this picture of my little sugar lump. She was sunbathing due to jaundice.

11 comments:

Linda said...

She is just gorgeous! Good luck making her birth announcements. When my kids were babies I figured it was a good day if everyone was fed, clean, had something to wear and didn't get hurt.

Kimberly said...

beautiful beautiful little girl!!!!

and you know what? you're right. you DO need to re-evaluate what can/should be accomplished in a day. you have three kids now including a brand new baby girl!!!

cut yourself some slack. take it day by day and give yourselves time to adjust!! end of sermon. :wink:

so glad you posted a pic!

Lynn said...

Stephanie, she is just gorgeous! Good luck with all those annoucements. That is really alot of work.
Just remember.... baby steps. Its different with an adult kid (ok.. thats mine, yours may be different), 2 toddlers and a new baby. I say as long as everyone got some kind of food in them and they were all clean and had some kind of clothing on... your doing GREAT! Also... as long as there were no visits to doctors or ER's for injuries you are doing awesome. Keep up the good work, your doing fine.

karen said...

Beautiful girl!!

Hope her jaundice clears up soon!

(karen.jersey 2P)

Kimberly said...

hope you're getting some rest!

Rachael said...

She is so sweet!!!

I agree, give yourself some slack!! You just gotta go day by day!

bananafish said...

OOOOHHHH...she's a cutie. I think it's amazing everything that mommies do...especially new mommies. You probably accomplish mor things in a day than most people...you just can't see it. You even found time to brighten my day by leaving a nice little note on a stranger's blog.

-france

Teresa Loop said...

Awwww! She is perfect!!!!

Yeah, it's hard to get much of anything done. I try to tell myself that as long as everyone is alive and happy at the end of the day, I have done good!

Alyssa said...

Oh, she is so adorable! I remember when I had my babies, I felt like it was a good day if I got a shower and the floor swept in the same day! One day at a time.

Pam said...

OMG, she is precious!!!!! Just relax and cherish this time. All of the other stuff can wait! :)

Pam said...

I forgot to say, my daughter's name is Hailey too!!! :) She is 12 and growing up way too fast!!!