7.23.2007

Potty Training Blues~

So we actively started potty training Riley (2 1/2) a week ago.
He has been showing signs that he was ready for awhile.
I can get him to sit on the potty for a good 20 minutes but, no business.
In fact he cries when he thinks that he actually has to go on the potty.
Now Taylor loves the potty (1 1/2).
He has used int several times with my help.
He can't get his own pants on or off and that sort of thing.
I am trying to stay positive.
Although I would love suggestions and such.
I know that it's still early.
Yesterday was my baby brother's birthday.
He turned 14!
Happy Birthday Daniel!
I will try to post pics once I locate the camera.
It's muggy again today.
We have been having the strangest weather!
Well I have reading to do and a baby blanket that isn't going to work on itself!
TTYL~

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

so glad I am past all those stages - LOL - although having teenagers is worse sometimes I think!

Colleen said...

I know this isn't the answer, but when they're ready, they're ready! We had Kyle in underwear for ages and he was having accidents, but the day he decided he wanted to start going on the potty - he went and we ony had about 2 accidents after that. He would go once a day in the evening for months before that, but only once a day! I'll be honest in saying he was a little over three at the time, so you may have a ways to go... Good Luck!

Lynn said...

Those are the times I really don't miss! Some are easy and others are difficult. Good luck with the training.

Kimberly said...

the potty training thing? don't push it. the more you push it the more difficult it will become. be gentle. keep trying but don't push it. it will happen. but really truly he needs to want to do it. there. end of 'sermon'. i just had a really difficult time with ethan. it was much easier with alexander.

Anonymous said...

People should read this.