6.29.2006

Bloggin'

I am a lucky girl! I got to host the blogger challenge on 2Peas for today. I am filling in for the girl who normally does it. She does a fabulous job! I hope everyone likes the prompt.

I asked why they blog. What got them started? Have they considered doing a layout about what bloggin' means to them.

I have kept a journal for as long as I can remember. In fact I can hardly pass blank books in a store without stopping. They call to me. There is no rhyme or reason to what attracts me. I love them. I probably have over a dozen of them sitting on my book shelf waiting to be filled. I have at least 15 that have been filled with all of the little details that make me, me. So why blog? Why turn to the computer instead of the written page? Time mostly. It just seems so much more convenient to sit here and type. Plus, I have this nifty backspace key. I can erase anything I want to. Still I can't be as personal on here as I would in my books. I don't have the satisfaction of completed journals but, I do have an occasional comment from a reader. That thrills me. Fills the need I have always had to be a writer. So there you have it. I blog because I am compelled to. It is my outlet, my record. A connection!

I think that doing a layout about it would make a really great ME page. If I do you can bet I will share it here. On my blog....
Happy Friday~

4 comments:

Sofia said...

The backspace is my friend too! I tend to censor my writing quite a bit by habit and it is easier just to stroke a few keys instead of getting out an eraser.

Sofia said...

P.S. Thank you so much for the sweet comment on my blog. It put a big smile on my face to know that I inspired someone! :-)

Bonita Rose said...

I am totally with ya.. love to blog...

Maureen said...

Great post! Yeah, ever since I gave my blog address to my parents (big mistake - I already got scolded for not telling my mother I hurt my neck -- but I blogged about it), I can't be as honest as I would like...sounds wierd, but I don't think they would "get" some of the posts I'd like to do. So I can relate to your note about blogs being less personal than journals. I just may have to start an anonymous blog if I ever want to express my deepest feelings... :)